What is SmartSieve?
Smartsieve is a web-based managesieve client and sieve filtering GUI. It is a graphical user interface for creating and managing sieve scripts on a Cyrus imap mail server. It provides a way for non-technical Cyrus users to generate sieve rules for mail filtering
and vacation messaging without prior knowledge of the sieve scripting language.
SmartSieve is written in PHP and released under the GPL. It is intuitive to use, and simple to configure.
SmartSieve uses the managesieve protocol for uploading and managing Sieve scripts on the server. It includes pure-PHP support for the managesieve protocol.
SmartSieve will be of interest to institutions running Cyrus imapd to provide IMAP based mail access and who require a user-friendly way for users to manage mail filtering and vacation messaging. It can read and import sieve scripts created by Websieve, making migration from Websieve to SmartSieve a relatively simple process.
SmartSieve is not a sieve script 'parser'. It cannot directly read and understand the sieve language
itself. For this reason, scripts created with other clients won't function with SmartSieve's GUI mode. They
can, however, be edited in SmartSieve's direct edit interface.
Currently, SmartSieve version 1.0 is considered stable. It is known to work correctly with PHP versions 4.1.2, 4.2.3, 4.3.10, and version 5 up to 5.1.6. The latest 4.4 or 5.1 versions are recommended (4.1 or above required).
Version 0.5.2 was considered beta quality software. Versions up to 0.5.2 were backwards compatible with Websieve.
- Support for Managesieve referrals (Cyrus Murder)
- SASL proxy authorization
- Internationalization support
- Supports STARTTLS between web and sieve server
- Support for fully-qualified usernames (Cyrus virtual domains)
- PLAIN and DIGEST-MD5 (SASL 2.x only) SASL authentication
- Pure PHP managesieve library
- Create/delete/rename scripts
- Edit muliple scripts in same login session
- Special vacation, mail forwarding, whitelist and spam filtering GUIs
- Regular expression matching
- Can read and import sieve scripts created with Websieve
- reject Y
- fileinto Y
- redirect Y
- keep Y
- discard Y
- stop control Y
- address Y
- allof Y
- anyof Y
- envelope N
- exists N
- false N
- header Y
- not Y
- size Y
- true N
- vacation (draft-ietf-sieve-vacation) Y
- imapflags (draft-ietf-sieve-imapflags) - addflag action only
- notify (draft-ietf-sieve-notify) - sms + mailto methods
- regex (draft-murchison-sieve-regex) Y
- body (draft-ietf-sieve-body) Y